On this page, you will find various resources that have taught me a lot about personal finance and financial independence. These resources inspire me and help me achieve my goals in my everyday life.
- 99 jours
- Dividendes & FNB
- Fais comme les riches
- FIRE Habits
- Gère ton bacon
- Jeune Retraité
- La Frugale et la Fourmi
- La Frugaliste Futée
- Les ingénieux
- Liberté volontaire
- L’investisseur caféiné
- Modest Millionaires
- Objectif IF
- Renard Futé
- Retraite 101
- Se payer en premier
- Simple Millionnaire
- Sorcière Frugale
- The Rich Dog
- Vivre à temps plein
- Vivre avec moins
Rest of Canada
- Boomer & Echo
- Dr. FIREfly
- Eat Sleep Breathe FI
- My participation: How Much Does it Cost to Live the FIRE Life in Lévis? (As a Single)
- Ed Rempel
- Million Dollar Journey
- My Own Advisor
Some of the books that I recommend here relate to personal finance in the broadest sense, as well as others relate directly to FI.
This list contains affiliate links. Of course, I strongly encourage you to get these books for free through your public library. However, if you really want to buy it, you can use my affiliate link and thus help this blog. 🙂
- Do You Really Need It? by Pierre-Yves McSween
- La facture amoureuse by Pierre-Yves McSween
- La retraite à 40 ans: Comment déjouer le système pour atteindre la liberté financière by Jean-Sébastien Pilotte
- Les millionnaires ne sont pas ceux que vous croyez by Nicolas Bérubé
- Liberté 45 by Pierre-Yves McSween
- Petits secrets et gros mensonges de votre banquier by Fabien Major
- Trop, c’est comme pas assez by Mylène Gilbert-Dumas
- Vivre avec moins by Vicky Payeur
Rest of Canada
- 5 Years to Freedom: A Canadian Guide to Early Retirement by Réjean Venne
- Balance: How to Invest and Spend for Happiness, Health, and Wealth by Andrew Hallam
- Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School by Andrew Hallam
Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required by Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung
- The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store by Cait Flanders
- Victory Lap Retirement: Work While You Play, Play While You Work by Mike Drak, Rob Morrison et Jonathan Chevreau
- Wealthing Like Rabbits: An Original and Occasionally Hilarious Introduction to the World of Personal Finance by Robert R. Brown
- Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence by Chris Mamula, Brad Barrett, Jonathan Mendonsa
- Early Retirement Extreme: A Philosophical and Practical Guide to Financial Independence by Jacob Lund Fisker
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life by J.L. Collins
- Work Optional: Retire Early the Non-Penny-Pinching Way by Tanja Hester
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
Full disclosure: the various referral codes or links that I share here would benefit both of us. It’s up to you whether to use it or not.
- The popular online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations in that locale.
- Fire Dating
FIRE enthusiasts looking for friendships and love.
- Where M. Slap and I met!
- Fair prices every day on Home Internet or Mobile services.
- When subscribing, enter my referral code N5MMB, and we’ll both get $50 (promo valid until November 30, 2022).
- Newton is a crypto exchange platform that provides users an easy and safe way to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Litecoin, Polkadot, Uniswap and much more!
- Click on my referral link to open an account, and we’ll both receive $25 when you buy $100 of crypto!
- Passiv is a web app that helps you manage your portfolio and maintain a desired target allocation.
- By clicking on my referral link to sign up, I’ll earn $20. Great way to encourage this blog!
- Questrade is one of the cheapest online brokers in Canada.
- When you open an account, enter my QPass Key 665709686438830, and we’ll both get $25.
The easiest way for Canadians to buy and sell bitcoin.
- You get rewarded every day in ShakingSats simply for shaking your phone. The longer the streak, the bigger the reward!
Click on my referral link to open an account and we’ll both receive $10 when you buy $100 of crypto!
- Stop paying useless bank fees with this online bank.
- When you open an account, enter my orange key 45955399S1, and we’ll both get $50.
- Canadian Couch Potato
- A complete guide to index investing.
- A podcast focused on financial independence.
- Explore FI Canada
- Another podcast focused on financial independence, but by Canadians, for Canadians. 🙂
- L’indice McSween
- Here you will find every episode of the excellent TV show hosted by Pierre-Yves McSween.
- Leo Leger Opinion
- Survey site that collects LEO points that can be redeemed for cash, Air Miles reward miles or gift cards.
- Excellent comprehensive site on travel hacking.
- For those interested in geographic Arbitrage, this website offers the world’s largest cost of living database.
- Prince of Travel
- Another great Canadian site on travel hacking.
- Share your opinions and get free gift cards! Earn SB points when you answer fun surveys and polls.
- Click on my referral link to sign up, and we’ll both get 300 SB (about $3).